Monday, September 25
Main Campus Announcements
- Cinco de Mayo is a holiday celebrated in Mexico, but it is not their Independence Day. It commemorates a battle in the city of Puebla, Mexico in 1862.
- Our award-winning Marching Firebirds pulled off their first Three Peat this past weekend! They placed first in the Bands of America Central Ohio Regional Championships on Saturday after winning in 2021 and 2022! This year 27 bands from 7 states competed. The staff and students have been working extremely hard and we are very proud of their effort and commitment. Follow the band on social media or their website calendar to catch their next performance! www.lakotawestbands.org
- On Thursday, Sept. 28, the cafeteria will be offering a meal and ala carte options from Bibibop. Their meal will be priced at $5 (includes 4 oz rice, 2 oz of chicken and up to 3 veg. choices) and the ala carte will be priced at $8 (includes 6 oz rice, 3 oz of chicken and up to 5 veg. choices). TexMex will not be available on Thursday.
- Women Empowering Women will be meeting today after school. We will be watching “Hidden Figures”.
- French Club is having our first meeting of the year! Come play some trivia with us in Room 104 afterschool on Thurs Sept 28th!
- Do you need service hours? Do you want to earn cash for your club or sport? The Lakota West PTSO is looking for volunteers to help at the Craft Show. They are looking for volunteers to help set up on Friday, Oct 6th and on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 7th and 8th. If you are interested, please scan the QR code that are on the posters in the locker bays.
- Homecoming will be Saturday, Sept. 30. The theme is “Lights…Camera…Homecoming”. If you plan to bring a guest that does not attend Lakota West, a guest form must be filled out and returned. The form is available in the front office. QR codes for ticket information can be found on the flyers posted in the main office or in the locker bays. QR codes for the Royal Court can be found in the locker bays. The 2nd round of voting begins today and goes through the 28th. The Royal Court will be announced during the Pep Rally on Sept. 29. The daily themes for the Homecoming Spirit Week are:
- Monday – 90s Day
- Tuesday – Culture Day
- Wednesday – “On Wednesday We Wear Pink”
- Thursday – Twins Day
- Friday – Wild West
- The following colleges will be visiting Lakota West:
- Today – Miami University @ 9:00 AM
- Today – University of Cincinnati, after lunch
- Sept. 27 – Cleveland State University
Sign up codes are in the guidance office window. Sign up soon, as space is limited.
West Freshman Announcements
- Hey Theatre Folks! Did you miss the meeting last Thursday? Scan the QR code around the building to catch up on all things theatre and scan the second QR code on the sign to apply for crew for the fall play. Crew applications are due Friday, September 29!
- The PTSO Annual Craft Show is looking for volunteers!! You could earn money for your club or sport! Earn service hours too! For more information--LWcraftshow@yahoo.com The Craft Show is the 7-8th of October, Main Campus.
- The Homecoming Dance is Saturday, Sept. 30. The theme is “Lights…Camera…Homecoming”. If you plan to bring a guest that does not attend Lakota West, a guest form must be filled out and returned. The form is available in the front office. QR codes for ticket information can be found on the flyers posted in the main office, A hallway, cafeteria and by room D229. QR codes for the Royal Court can be found on bulletin boards in A Hallway, and D hallway. 2nd round voting Sept. 22-28. Please vote for our very own Freshman…
- Tessa Shire or Makenna Jones
- Wes Allen or Sam Sanchez.
The Royal Court will be announced on Sept. 29.
- SPIRIT WEEK!!
- Today is-Monday- 90’s day
- Tuesday- Culture Day- Come to school dressed to honor your family's culture and personal heritage. We can't wait to celebrate how diverse and incredible our students are!
- Wednesday- Ken and Barbie / on Wednesday we wear PINK!
- Thursday-Twin Day
- Friday- Wild, Wild West
As always…GO FIREBIRDS!!!
- Daily Announcements